WELCOME TO THE ARCHIVES

This site contains the archives of my travel blogs from 2010-2016.

I'm now blogging via Medium. For other life updates, including opportunities or requests to collaborate, visit my personal website.

.

.

.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Next Speaking Gig: DoDay // Helsinki Feb 28


A few weeks ago Dreamdo's community engagement gal asked me to host an event for their DoDay.   Dreamdo is a Finnish startup committed to inspiring people to dream more and do more.

I've been using the Dreamdo web service for a bit over a month now, and I'm so pleased with the way their streamlined platform allows me to track and reflect on my own dreams, and also follow other people's dreams.  Here are two of my dreams that are most liked by the Dreamdo community:

- Building a tree house
- Writing a book about my travels

It's been really neat to get comments, questions, and encouragement from the people following my dreams, and I've so enjoyed the opportunity to contribute to theirs.  I can honestly say that, out of all the websites out there, this is one of the few that have actually increased my quality of life in a tangible way.  When I'm feeling overwhelmed with the tasks of one day, I take 5 minutes to review my life dreams, to see how far I've come and the huge possibilities still ahead, and I'm immediately re-motivated and re-inspired.

I'm really excited about the opportunity to share some of my experiences in a seminar / workshop as part of next week's DoDay.  Here's what I'll be speaking on:

31 Countries & Counting
I embarked on a journey around the world when I was 16. Alone. 7 years, 7 languages, and 31 countries later, it's no longer just a trip. I'm convinced that traveling can be more than a vacation. More than a moment you experience passively in an unfamiliar place. The most enriching travel moments take place when you're committed to an intentional and meaningful learning experience. 


Here's a link to the event registration page. Limit 10 people; we're keeping this group small and cozy for maximum dreaming comfort. I hear that a glass of red wine might be involved ;) If you're in Helsinki, you're invited!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog content © 2015 Shirah Eden Foy. Powered by Blogger.